The Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council was awarded a Community Economic Adjustment Assistance for Responding to Threats to the Resilience of a Military Installation grant from the Department of Defense. The 18-month, $570,000 grant is designed to examine the long-term resilience and sustainability of MacDill Air Force Base and its surrounding community.
The Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council will complete a Military Installation Resilience Review (MIRR), which is a community-driven initiative to analyze risks and future climate conditions and implement actions to foster, protect, and enhance military installation resilience and sustainability.
- Identifying shared vulnerabilities and risks of critical infrastructure that service the military installation and surrounding local jurisdictions;
- Prioritizing community projects (located “outside of the gate”) that also strengthen the readiness, capabilities, and operability of the MacDill Air Force Base; and
- Providing coordination opportunities for potential funding resources, including the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Office of Local Defense Community Cooperation (OLDCC).
MacDill MIRR Stakeholders
Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) – The TAC is composed of subject matter experts in transportation, planning, facility management, emergency management, and utilities. This committee will assist the project team by offering their unique perspectives and insight of the existing conditions surrounding the base and identifying current or future projects that may be prioritized in the MIRR. TAC members represent the following organizations:
- City of Tampa
- Hillsborough County
- Tampa Highway Expressway Authority
- Tampa International Airport
- Hillsborough TPO
- MacDill AFB
The Policy Advisory Committee (PAC)- The PAC will be tasked with providing policy recommendations to mitigate risks to critical infrastructure. PAC members represent the following organizations:
- City of Tampa Council
- Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners
- MacDill AFB Wing Command