Economic Development District (EDD)
- About EDD
- 2016 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Update
- 2011 Disaster Resiliency Study
- Manufacturing Supply Chain Study
- Economic Analysis Program (EAP)
4000 Gateway Centre Blvd.
Pinellas Park, Florida 33782
Phone: (727)570-5151 ext. 31
Tampa Bay Economic Development District (Edd)
About the Tampa Bay EDD
The Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council is designated as an Economic Development District (EDD) by the U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA). Serving the six counties that make up the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council (Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, and Pinellas), and all municipalities therein, the Economic Development District (EDD) provides the following services to its member agencies:
- Prepares and maintains the Tampa Bay Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS)
- Assists with the implementation strategies identified in the CEDS
- Provides letters of support for projects submitted to the Economic Development Administration for funding
- Provides technical assistance to local governments and economic development organizations on their economic development activities, programs, and grant applications
The EDD is a gateway for a number of federal grant opportunities for local jurisdictions, provided that the projects that are proposed are consistent with the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS). Project proponents must have a support letter attesting to the proposed projectís consistency with the CEDS from the District to submit applications for assistance from EDA on investment projects as well as grants supporting economic recovery that are offered by other agencies.
The 2013-2017 Tampa Bay CEDS was adopted on November 12, 2012 by the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council. The 2016 Annual Update to the Tampa Bay CEDS is available for download by clicking here. The CEDS was created with guidance from the CEDS Steering Committee.