Tampa Bay Regional Resiliency Coalition
Home > Resiliency > Tampa Bay Regional Resiliency Coalition
Benefits of Collaborating on Resilience
Local governments are invited to join the Tampa Bay Regional Resilience Coalition, coordinated by the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council. The TBRPC is comprised of members from Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco and Pinellas counties and the 21 municipalities that come together to discuss complex regional issues; develop strategic regional responses for resolving them; and build consensus for setting and accomplishing regional goals. The council is made up of 27 elected officials who serve annual terms, 13 gubernatorial appointees who serve three-year terms, and 4 ex-officio members from the Florida Department of Transportation District 7, the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, the Southwest Florida Water Management District and Enterprise Florida.
Collaboration will strengthen our region’s ability to plan for the changing climate, reduce impacts and secure increased levels of federal funding to support resilient infrastructure improvements, adaptation and mitigation programs, which protect our communities, property and economies. Participating in the Resilience Coalition will enhance counties, cities and stakeholder organizations’ understanding of changing risks and best practices and policies for increasing resiliency.
Coalition Steering Committee Members
- Janet C. Long, Committee Co-Chair, Pinellas County Commissioner
- Peter Altman, Committee Co-Chair, City of New Port Richey Councilman
- Vanessa Baugh, Manatee County Commissioner
- Jack Mariano, Pasco County Commissioner
- Ward Friszolowski, City of St. Pete Beach Commissioner
- Brandi Gabbard, City of St. Petersburg Councilwoman
- Ronald E. Kitchen Jr., Citrus County Commissioner
- John Allocco, Hernando County Commissioner
- April Thanos, City of Gulfport Commissioner
- Commissioner Maureen Freaney, City of Dunedin
- Councilman Joseph Citro, City of Tampa
- Ms. Barbara Sheen Todd, Pinellas County
Join the Coalition!
Download the MOU
Businesses / Universities /Organizations
Become a Partner