Resilient Florida: Planning, Policy and Practice is the first statewide workshop and networking event for Florida’s resilience community of local government elected officials, planners, floodplain managers, climate change adaptation professionals, natural resource managers and park managers.
Workshop will address coastal resilience, adaptation planning concepts and strategies, and resources offered by the Florida Resilient Coastlines Program, academic research centers and resiliency-focused NGOs to prepare Florida’s coastlines for the effects of sea level rise and coastal flooding.
Friday 9:00 am Panel Why Scale Matters: Regional Resilience Initiatives
What is a regional resilience compact/cooperative/coalition? How is it done? What are the benefits?
- Richard Grosso, J.D., Attorney and Law Professor – Nova Southeastern University (Moderator)
- Jennifer Jurado, Ph.D., Chief Resiliency Officer & Director of the Environmental Planning and Community Resilience Division – Broward County
- CJ Reynolds, Director of Resilience and Engagement – Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council
- Jenifer Rupert, Regional Disaster Resilience Coordinator – East Central Florida Regional Planning Council
- James Murley, Chief Resilience Officer – Miami-Dade County