The TBRPC is hosting a regional Zoom workshop for the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) and invite you to attend to learn about the new statewide initiative. At the workshop, DEO staff will introduce the initiative and seek input from participants. See below for more information.
ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR: Click Here.
Virtual Workshop Date: Friday February 12, from 10:00-12:00.
Registration: ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED, CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with link to join the webinar. Please encourage staff, stakeholders and community members who are working on information technology to register.
Who Should Attend the Workshop: Professionals and community leaders working on information technology systems, education and outreach in the following sectors:
- Libraries, K-12 Education, Colleges and Universities
- Healthcare Providers
- Government agencies — facilities, parks, recreation
- Private Businesses
- Community Organizations
- Economic Development Organization
- Tourism and hospitality businesses/organizations
- Communications/Internet Service Providers
DEO Background: The Florida Office of Broadband has been directed to perform the following duties, per Section 364.0135, Florida Statutes:
- Create a strategic plan to increase the use of broadband internet service in Florida.
- Build and facilitate local technology planning teams, especially with community members from the areas of education, healthcare, business, tourism, agriculture, economic development and local government.
- Encourage public use of internet service expansion through broadband grant programs.
- Monitor, participate in, and provide input on Federal Communications Commission proceedings that are related to the geographic availability and deployment of broadband internet in Florida.
The TBRPC is pleased to host our region’s workshop and please contact Brian@tbrpc.org for questions.